Saturday, June 19, 2004

Michael Moore

Did some channel surfing tonight, and that was then I ran into “the Late Night Show with Davis Letterman”. Tonight’s guests are Michael Moore (a documentary film director), and 2004 Miss Universe (some Aussie chick who is supposedly super cute… duh). I thought: OK, do I need to sit through an over-weight director of documentary films (did I mention DOCUMENTARY films?!) to get to some eye candy? As I was bitching about my back luck (and cursing at CBS at the same time), Michael Moore had already started talking to Letterman. It turned out, it was a fascinating conversation about a highly controversial film (directed my Moore, of course) “Fahrenheit 9/11”. This was the film actually won at the Cannes Film Festival (those crazy French… just when I thought they couldn’t possibly piss off Americans even more, they have out-done themselves… again!), and will be shown in theaters on June 25th. It is a film about how Bush family has been buddies with bin Laden folks for years and the tie between Bushes and the Saudi Royal family. Needless to say, I will be in line to watch this thing. Two things impressed me the most: This guy can actually make such a movie while Bush is still in the white house; and of course the very fact that Bush can do nothing to stop this movie from being released! I tip my hat to America on this one! (By the way, the ensuing interview with Miss Universe was pretty lame; Michael Moore was ten million times more interesting.)

No comments: