Tuesday, October 05, 2004

BBQ Pork Bun sale

Today we had a BBQ pork bun charity sale event at our office. Since I was the chair person, I needed to get it from the bakery in Chinatown, setting up schedule and more importantly: hustling money from unsuspected bystanders :) I was a little nervous about if we can sale all of 100 buns I bought, but my worries instantly went away when the first guy in line bought a dozen buns. We would holler and wave at anyone with "gentle" sale pitches such as:"Hey, it is for a good cause!" "This is no crappy bread; we are talking about BBQ pork bun here!" "If you don't buy, we will report you to your boss!" Needless to say, it became a pretty easy sale after that. All 100 of them were sold out in a little more than one hour. We were trying to sell some pork buns to a group of our Chinese colleagues in the lunch room, but it was bad timing: they already had lunch, so they ran away pretty fast. "Maybe they know the true cost of these pork buns." I grumbled a little. All in all, it was a good day; we made about $100! yaaaaay!

No comments: